Pins and Ribbons Ltd – Terms & Conditions
These are the terms and conditions for Pins and Ribbons Limited, a company registered in England and Wales .
Please make sure you read these terms & conditions carefully, even if you have shopped with Pins and Ribbons before.
Bespoke – means a product that has been especially commissioned by you and does not fit within our usual range of Pins and Ribbons product lines or size. This also includes items that are personalised.
Customer - means the person who is shopping via our website and is placing the order.
Intellectual Property Rights – refers to what we have created that is unique to us. This includes:
- our products and designs
- the appearance of our products
- our brand
- our logo
- our artistic work (i.e. web design, brochure design, photography)
- our written work (i.e. the words on our website or in our brochure)
Product – means the items that we make and sell
Stockist or Supplier– means a third party (i.e. retailer or wholesaler) who sells, distributes or delivers our products on our behalf
Website – means www.pinsandribbons.co.uk
Acceptance of Terms & Use of Website
- By placing an order with us online via our website (www.pinsandribbbons.co.uk ), you are agreeing to accept our terms &conditions.
- Pins and Ribbons reserve the right to amend or vary these terms & conditions at any time
and without notice to the customer. The customer’s continued use of our website and/or
ordering products from the website shall be deemed to be acceptance of such change.
- If any of the terms & conditions is deemed invalid, void or unenforceable for any reason, it will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms & conditions.
Purchasing Prducts & Payment
- All prices quoted on the website are in £ sterling and are inclusive of VAT at the standard rate of 20%.
- The customer shall select from the products advertised on the website by following the procedure set out on the website. Orders can also be placed by phone, email or in person(see contact us for details).
- An order is deemed concluded once received and once payment has been accepted by Pins and Ribbons Ltd.
- Acceptance of the order is provided to the customer by an e-mail from Pins and Ribbons.
- Payment for products will be made by credit or debit card using the online secure payment service.
- Whilst Pins and Ribbons will use its best endeavours, and has been advised by Sage Pay , that use of the system is secure, the customer accepts that Pins and Ribbons accepts no responsibility or liability for any failure in the secure online payment system.
Delivery & Timing
- As products are handmade to order, Pins and Ribbons shall use its best endeavours to deliver standard items within 14 days. Delivery timings for bespoke products, personalised items or larger pieces of furniture (i.e. chairs and footstools), will be quoted at the time of order and can take approx. 4-6 weeks.
- If there is going to be a delay in delivery, Pins and Ribbons will advise the customer by email at the earliest opportunity.
- If, due to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Pins and Ribbons, a product cannot be made after an order has been placed and accepted, then Pins and Ribbons will inform the customer by email and give them the option to select an alternative product to the equivalent value, or receive a full refund.
- If we have a customer email address they shall be notified by e-mail once the products are despatched from the Pins and Ribbons work studio.
- The customer shall accept part delivery of products in the event that more than one item is ordered. Products forming part of an order may be delivered separately.
- Pins and Ribbons do not accept any liability for delay, despatch or delivery and cannot be held responsible for delivery at any set time on a particular day.
- Delivery will be made by either Royal Mail (for smaller items) or independent courier service. All deliveries will need to be signed for.
- If Pins and Ribbons despatch products via courier, the courier company will email the customer (providing the customer has provided a correct email address) on the morning of delivery to inform the customer when their order will be delivered. If this time slot in not suitable, the customer can re-arrange to an alternative date using the courier company’s automated booking system.
- The courier will deliver the products to the address stated at the time of order. If the customer supplied a mobile telephone number at the time of order, Pins and Ribbons will pass this information onto the courier to contact the customer if necessary.
- If there is no one available to accept delivery, a courier calling card will be left for the customer and it will be the customer’s responsibility to contact the courier to re-arrange delivery. If this is not done the products will be returned to Pins and Ribbons and the customer will incur a further delivery charge if re-despatched
- Handling, postage & packing costs are dependent upon the weight and size of the customer’s order. All delivery charges will be clearly displayed at the checkout stage. For delivery within the UK mainland Pins and Ribbons has three standard charges: £15.00 for furniture , £5.95 for large, bulky or heavy items and £3.95 for smaller items.
- For areas which fall outside of Pins and Ribbons usual delivery zone (i.e. Scottish Highlands, Ireland, Channel Islands and anywhere outside of the UK mainland), Pins and Ribbons will provide a quotation for delivery.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to fully inspect products before taking receipt of them, especially if packaging has been damaged in transit. When a customer signs for the item they are stating that the packing is undamaged.
- Damaged or faulty products must not be accepted or signed for by the customer and the courier should be informed of this fact. The courier will return the products to Pins and Ribbons who will liaise with the courier to ascertain the reason for damage so that Pins and Ribbons can resend the customer a replacement order.
Returns Policy & Cancellations
- Pins and Ribbons is not contractually obliged to refund or replace products unless they are faulty or damaged.
- Customers wishing to return products should notify Pins and Ribbons in writing, ideally via email, stating the reason for returning items. Customers will be advised of the correct return address and proceedure.
- As a goodwill gesture Pins and Ribbons will refund the full purchase price of unwanted products, but not the cost of the return postage. Refunds on returns will only be permitted if the customer returns the product in its original immaculate saleable condition, in its original packaging and with all labels intact. If the replacement product is at a higher price the customer will be advised of any change in the price or any further delivery costs at the time.
- Pins and Ribbons is not responsible for safe return of any product and will not refund a product that does not reach the appropriate delivery address when being returned by a customer. Pins and Ribbons therefore suggest that customers return the product via recorded or special delivery or other secure method. Items must be returned to Pins and Ribbons only and not left with a neighbouring business or property.
No Guarantees and Limitation of Liability
- Whilst Pins and Ribbons is confident that the content on its website is accurate and the quality of the products to the satisfaction of its customers, Pins and Ribbons does not guarantee that any product will be exactly what the customer ‘believes it to be’ or ‘fit for any particular purpose’. In particular, Pins and Ribbons do not guarantee that the colour of the product or the exact design seen on the website will accurately reflect the actual product as is.
- The customer acknowledges that the product is being ordered online and on the basis of viewing a picture of product on the website. All photos and descriptions including specifications and advertising on the website are issued and published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea for product described.
- In particular, other than return of products under the returns policy in these terms, Pins and Ribbons shall not be liable for any delays, damage during transit or any direct or indirect damages, loss, costs or any other expenses as a result of the customer placing an order.
- An order accepted by Pins and Ribbons is taken from the customer as an agreement by the customer that they agree to these terms & conditions.
- Pins and Ribbons is registered under the Data Protection Act and will at all times adhere to the requirements of that Act including maintaining all customer’s personal details in confidence and undertaking not to use such personal details for any use other than the business of fulfilling orders of the customer, unless such use is specifically authorised by the customer.
- Pins and Ribbons will not provide any personal data to any third party outside the company for marketing purposes.
- Pins and Ribbons will always obtain the customer’s permission for any use of personal data at any time and the customer will always be entitled to opt out of that consent at any time.
- Pins and Ribbons will not disclose any information on any customer to any third party other than to process the orders and deliver products to the customer.
- In particular, Pins and Ribbons does not retain details of customers’ credit cards.
- Pins and Ribbons will not contact the customer by e-mail to request personal financial information or data. If the customer receives any such request, the customer is advised not to respond.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The customer acknowledges that all intellectual property rights contained in the website and associated promotional material, such as brochures, belong to Pins and Ribbons.
- The customer is not entitled to incorporate any part of the website or associated promotional materials in any other work or publication without the prior written consent of Pins and Ribbons.
- Pins and Ribbons do not sell products to people under the age of 18. Anyone under 18 will require a parent or guardian over the age of 18 to order the products on their behalf.
- If any of these terms & conditions shall be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court or competent jurisdiction, then such a term or condition shall be severed and the remaining terms & conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- These terms & conditions and the contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of England and Wales, and Pins and Ribbons hereby submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- Any feedback, customer enquiries or potential complaints should in the first instance be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Pins and Ribbons will endeavour to respond to customers queries or complaints within 7 working days. Customers may also contact Pins and Ribbons via telephone on (01642786777) from Monday to Saturday between the hours of 10.00am and 5.00pm.